The Group monthly magazine is called The Link, which contains everything you need to know about our parishes, services and coming events.
Copies are available in all our churches and Dorstone’s Front Room
Digital copy now available Click here
Make a Donation to St Faith’s
Making a donation through easyfundraising is quick, simple and 100% secure. Unlike other sites, they don’t take a commission on donations or charge us for using their services.
Did you know that whenever you buy anything online – from your weekly shop to your annual holiday – you could be raising free donations for St Faith’s Church – Dorstone with easyfundraising?
There are over 4,000 shops and sites on board ready to make a donation – including eBay, Argos, John Lewis, ASOS, Booking.com and M&S – and it won’t cost you a penny extra to help us raise funds.
All you need to do is:
- Go to https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/stfaithschurch/?utm_campaign=raise-more and join for free.
- Every time you shop online, go to easyfundraising first to find the site you want and start shopping.
- After you’ve checked out, the retailer will make a donation to St Faith’s Church – Dorstone at no extra cost to you whatsoever!
There are no catches or hidden charges and St Faith’s Church – Dorstone will be really grateful for your donations.
Thank you for your support.
Opening Times Open from 9am to 4.30pm each day
Sunday 4th October 9.30am Holy Communion – Patronal Festival Service learn about the life of St Faith
On Sunday 4th October we celebrated our Patronal Festival. The Church is dedicated to St. Faith of Conques, so Penny Platts gave a short presentation entitled ‘St. Faith’s Martyrdom & Women in the Christian Story’, which we would like to share with you.
To view it follow the Youtube link https://youtu.be/T2uNkklbLTg
Every Thursday Evening Prayer 4.30pm
- Both doors will be open to make the entrance wider to keep the 2m distancing rules.
- There is sanitiser available at the entrance, but you might wish to bring your own.
- The pews are marked so that we sit two people in alternate rows to preserve the distancing.
- Orders of service will be on the pews.
- Please wear your mask.
- Please bring your own morsel of bread. There will be no shared chalice.
- There will be no singing!!
Please pass this info on to anyone you know who might wish to attend.
Parish Giving Scheme
The Parish Giving Scheme. It has been put in place (and paid for!) by the national C of E. It is a piece of smart thinking, already helping hundreds of parishes in other dioceses, and just arriving at Hereford.
It uses the Direct Debit method for giving – instead of putting an envelope occasionally on the old collection plate or making a one-off cash donation. It is all-electronic so it is safe, and gets rid of the need to count cash and pay it in, so it minimises admin. It can ‘inflation-proof’ our giving, and maximise our cash-flow. It also still allows for ‘Gift Aid’ to be used.
To find out more about the scheme read the PGS Leaflet or watch the video.
To obtain a form contact PCC Treasurer John Platts using contact form.
The Dorstone Neighbourhood Plan has recently been published to see a copy Click here
An audit of the memorials and tombstones was carried out in 1991 and updated in 2019. Together with maps of both the old and new churchyards. This is always available inside the church for those researching family histories.
Baptisms and Burials Registers date from the year 1733.
Marriage Registers date from 1755.